We are taking part in the national awareness week on Self Care 16-22 November 2020. This is a particularly challenging time for all our patients and staff and we want to encourage everyone to look after their mental and physical health. We will be posting daily videos online throughout the week giving lots a great tips and ideas supporting improving our health and wellbeing.
Please click on the link below to access the videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWeoOZ-b_SmP1aUJfsuakdQ?view_as=subscriber.
As well as our practice, there are many other local NHS services you can contact for health advice, information or treatment.
Before you do, remember that you can treat many minor ailments such as colds, coughs and indigestion by keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home.
We suggest you keep the following:
- Paracetamol and aspirin (children under 16 and people with asthma should not take aspirin)
- Mild laxatives
- Anti-diarrhoea medicines
- Indigestion remedy (for example, antacids)
- Travel sickness tablets
- Sunscreen – SPF15 or higher
- Sunburn treatment (for example, calamine)
- A thermometer
- A selection of plasters, non-absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings
- Keep all medicine in a secure, locked place out of reach of small children
- Always read the instructions and use as directed
- Watch expiry dates – don’t keep or use medicines past their sell-by date
- Take all unwanted and out-of-date medicines back to the pharmacy